Billy, a smart choice of bit.
Billy might look like a regular snaffle but it actually has some very cool features.
Simply it is a three-way lock system that prevents the bit to overbend in any uncomfortable way.
The difference between regular lockup and FSS™ is bigger than you might think. While the horse are working the FSS™ are there to help in any position your horse head are moving in. From low position (stretching out) or higher (over a jump) the closure works even if the reins will pull the bit upwards and making the bit turn downwards where regular lockup would fail. In that way it is more forgiving against unexpected movements of your hands.
Are you looking for a kind bit and have a sensitive horse, this bit is definitely worth trying. Perfect to have between other bits for communication work as well.
Billy is the same mouthpiece as Fagers Anna bit has.
The side pieces (Fulmer pins) of Billy are great for young horses, or horses which prefers a stable bit as possible.
The Fulmer pins also has the effect of guiding the horses head which is great for schooling and training purposes.
The rings are loose wish gives a fast reaction and still retaining the turning advantages of the full cheek.
This is our points of experience after developing and let equestrians try this product:
- Billy is great for youngsters – Lays still and doesn’t take up much space in the horse’s mouth.
- Both bar pressure and tongue pressure are applied when you ride with contact. The loose rings gives faster release and relief from bar and tongue pressure.
- Sweet iron (blue alloy) is more often accepted by the horse than bits without sweet iron.
- FSS™ is a cool new feature that prevents the bit to overbend and hit the palate in any position of the head.
- Billy is close to a straight bit but still has the flexibility of a single jointed mouthpiece. Many horses gets a bit heavy on regular straight bits and shakes their heads with regular snaffles. Then Billy is the perfect mix.
|105mm||10mm over the tongue|
|115mm||12mm over the tongue|
|125mm||12mm over the tongue|
|135mm||12mm over the tongue|
|145mm||12mm over the tongue|